Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 1

So here we go again, Jog Log and Blog for the next 30 days.

My aims during Juneathon are simple.

  1. Run at least 1 mile each day.
  2. Remember to blog each day.
  3. Get in at least 20 miles on the bike every week including 1 brick session.
  4. Get back in the pool and nail 400 metres in under 10 mins.
I have spent the last 2 days spending some quality time with my family starting in sunny Great Yarmouth and moving on to Wroxham today and an amazing place called Bewilderwood, oh dear what a great place. I spent the whole day walking and running around in some great woodland surroundings, if you haven't been I would highly recommend it Bewilderwood.

So for the last couple of days I have eaten bad food, for instance I did the Harry Ramsden challenge (really didn't expect a piece of cod that big!) ending on a long drive back to the lovely shire of Essex.

I convinced the Wife to come out and join me and for a change I told the truth and only made her run 1 mile, felt really good too, I'm pretty sure I could have gone a bit quicker to at a push, so maybe during this "festival of activity and excuses" I could get my average mile time down, I hope this could be the case as I have a triathlon to do in September and the run (5k) is a serious weakness and worry for me.

To all Juneathon participants, good luck and "bring it".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment