Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Saturday 18 June 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 18

Goodnight Crocket...

Sadly this week my Juneathon mission came to an end, no blog on Thursday and no exercise or blog on Friday. I was determined to push through and keep up with exercising and blogging every day. Sometimes life has a funny way of messing up your best laid plans.

My Uncle Dave (Crocket) has been very unwell for around 6 months now and on Thursday night he took a very big turn for the worse and at around 20:00 on Friday evening he passed away in his sleep, he was only 46 years old.

My Brother and I had already arranged to attend the gym today and despite the situation with our uncle, we both decided to make sure we went.

So today I hit the gym for a great bit of cardio. Although I slept well last night I woke up this morning and felt completely drained and thought I would get a boost from a bit of cardio, while I was working out it was all good.

I started with a set time 15 minute run and managed to get in 2.5km which given my lethargic state I was most impressed this was followed by my favourite kettlebell workout, as I found the 12kg too easy last time around I decided to start my move up to the next weight 16kg the p, oh my days that was a big big difference the plan was to do 1 of the 6 sets with the 16kg, I ended up challenging myself and my body by doing the first 2 sets.

Swings - 1 minute
Snatch - Press - 30 secs each arm
Single Arm Swings - 30 secs each arm
Snatch - Squat - Press - 30 secs each side
Alternating Swings - 1 minute
X 2 16kg kettlebell

Swings - 1 minute
Snatch - Press - 30 secs each arm
Single Arm Swings - 30 secs each arm
Snatch - Squat - Press - 30 secs each side
Alternating Swings - 1 minute
X 4 12kg kettlebell

Stats
Run -


Kettlebell Cardio -

Goodnight people

JP

1 comment: