Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Friday 3 June 2011

Juneathon Day 3

Mini Triathlon.

Up early again today ready to hit the gym nice and early, feeling it after yesterdays exertions, had my normal brekkie cereal and a protein shake before heading out the door.

Thanks to yesterdays kettlebell workout I have a lovely set of blisters on both of my hands one of which rather helpfully burst during the day, this made it an easy decision on what I should be doing before today's Spinning class, so no weights or resistance training, just a standard 1 mile run on the treadmill before heading into the Spinning studio.

Today's profile was "enhancements" this is my fave by far, you do a specific amount of time (45, 60, 75 and 90 seconds) going as hard as you can at the highest resistance you can load onto your legs and then flat road at a fast pace for 1 minute between each set usually 3-4 per track, with 1 short track for recovery.

Spinning class finished I headed to the pool hoping to do 400 metres somewhere around 12 minutes, his was really only an excuse for me to try out my new goggles. Astonishingly I put in a time 08:09 for the 400m which I was pretty pleased with, I'm pretty sure that with a bit more work I could get that down even further, so all in all I was pretty happy with today's work.

Stats -
Run




Spinning


Sadly no stats for the swim.

See you tomorrow.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment