Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Sunday 5 June 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 5

Another day of rest.

No gym again today allowing my body to recover fully before heading back, should hopefully get a round of kettlebell cardio in tomorrow.

After yesterdays fun with the Garmin, it would appear it was my fault as I hadn't charged it properly, I decided to take both my iPhone and Garmin with me today to track the run, thankfully both worked I clocked in 1.39 miles in 14:58 putting in a 2011 pb for 1 mile at 10:50, so I'm quite pleased with that. Hopefully I can carry on and start shaving more time off these runs while extending the distances.

While taking part in this years Juneathon I am also attempting to drop some weight off my big fat fatty frame I started about 4 weeks ago with a starting weight of 106kg, i weighed in today and am currently at 100kg, hoping to get down to around 80-85 by September, I will continue to update the weight loss progress here too.

I am currently training towards my first ever triathlon in September this year, it's a nice short one (apparently) 400m swim (in a pool), 23k bike and a 5k run. I am looking for some triathlon kit to help me get through this and improve my training, nothing too expensive as it is still a possibility that I may not like it after doing this in September, if anyone has any recommendations please feel free to comment etc.

Ideally I'm looking at swim/bike shorts and SPD tri shoes for the bike so I don't have to fiddle around trying to get my shoes on at the transition.
Today's choon of the day:



The Prodigy - Voodoo People

No comments:

Post a Comment