Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Thursday 2 June 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 2

Epic day of activities.

Up at the crack of dawn and in the gym for opening time (6am), started off with one of my aims for Juneathon and completed a nice gentle warm up 1 miler on the treadmill, 11:55 not really the quickest I've ever run a mile, but enough to get the heart rate up a bit.

So I moved onto the main part of the morning gym session, Kettlebell Cardio, it goes as follows:

12kg Kettlebell
Swings - 1 Minute
Snatch-Press - 30 seconds on each side
Single Arm Swings - 30 Seconds on each side
Snatch-Squat-Press - 30 Seconds on each side
Alternating Swings - 1 Minute
Rest - 1 Minute
Repeat 6 times.

Once you have completed this drink a tasty protein shake as your body will be desperate for it, have a nice stretch and remember to drink plenty of water through the day to aid muscle recovery.

Then repeat this 5 more times, give it a try you may like it, however hardcore I find this I bloody love it, if it was possible I'd do this workout every day.

That was my morning session complete

Stats:
Run - 1 mile 11:55 - Calories 178 - Av HR 149 bpm (81%) - Max HR 175 bpm (95%)

Kettlebell - 37:22 - Calories 578 - Av HR 157 bpm (85%) - Max HR 173 bpm (94%)


For some strange reason I didn't feel this was enough for today so I headed back to the gym for the 12:30 Spinning class, today's profile was endurance! Man if I'd known that before getting there I may have changed my mind, especially as I haven't been Spinning for over 1 week now, surprisingly the class wasn't too bad, some nice 1 leg isolation thrown into it to keep it interesting, you should try this, it makes you realise how much your stronger leg dominates the weaker leg. I even managed to keep my cadence up at 110 through out the class, all in all a very good class.

Stats:
50:31 - Calories 667 - Av HR 137 bpm (74%) - Max HR 171 bpm (92%)

Spinning again at 07:45 Friday, and then hopefully in the pool to start working on the 400 metre time.

Goodbye for now.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment