Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Juneathon 2011 Day 15

Ouch...

Yesterday my Wife was home from her mini-break and a little bit of normality resumed sadly including going back to work.
On a positive work note I applied for a new role within my organisation and have been waiting for date for my 1st interview/assessment day, I opened my emails at work and there was the great news, 30th June is my date which is good as I could start training in August if I'm sucessful, the bad news for this is as well as keeping up the fitness stuff I now have to study and prepare for this assessment, I had no idea just how much simple maths I had forgotten since leaving School 18 years ago! It's going to be a lot of hard work, but if I'm successful it will be so worth it.

As I wanted to spend some time with my Wife yesterday I had to do my minimum 1 mile run after work, I chose to do a 1 mile stretch of the VLM route backwards up to where I leave my car during the day, the downside to this is it is predomanently up hill! I have to say it was definitely a struggle, stats are on yesterdays very short blog.

Sort of back to normal today in the gym for just after 6am and on the treadmill, managed to bang out 4.27km in 30 minutes, the furthest I have run since the Silverstone Half Marathon in March, so I was quite pleased with my efforts, this was followed by a 40 minute Spinning class, today's profile was "race day" which meant no recovery periods and lots of sustained high resistance sections mixed with flat road running and sprints, I have to say this was hard work today. Still I enjoyed it.





Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

The weight is still coming off too which is pleasing, the actual total is around 8kg as I put in an incorrect starting weight, should have been 106kg to start not 103kg.

Off to work shortly so hopefully no more exercise until tomorrow.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment