Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Janathon day 4 - Woolwich, Plumstead, Belmarsh and Thamesmead

Back to work today so gym etc takes a backseat again, luckily my job allows meca lot of freedom to pretty much go where I choose too, today I decided my presence was required walking the streets and alleyways of my "ground".

Off I went through Woolwich town centre and onto Plumstead road heading towards Plumstead, stopped off at the bus garage to catch up with some of the bus drivers I work alongside then headed to the Plumstead underpass where I saw and spoke to one of my regular homeless guys. From there I went up onto the ridgeway which runs alongside Nathan Way and behind the delightful sights of HMP Belmarsh.

I ended my walk at Thamesmead town center and clocked up 3.45 miles in just over 1 hour.

No "choon of the day" today though, not allowed to listen while at work.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to ask for some help. In March I am taking part in 2 events, the first is Vertical Rush in aid of Shelter and then The Silverstone Half Marathon in aid of Children With Leukemia So I'll be adding know and asking for sponsors each day, if you would like to please click on the link. Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment