Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Monday 3 January 2011

Janathon day 3 - Back to the treadmill I go

After yesterdays nice river run I retired back inside to the warmth of the gym today and the exciting world of the treadmill!

At least they had some football for me to watch today.

For some reason my left shin is feeling pretty damn sore today, any advice about this would be gratefully received, the pain is towards the top of the shim and feels muscular, hurts to touch.

Anyways I decided to ignore the pain and head off, remembered my water and a bottle of Lucozade today.

Copied yesterdays run walk so brisk 5 min walk to warm up followed by 1.5 min run and 2 min walk x6 on a 1.0% incline, each run was on 11.00 kmph.

Back to work after the long weekend tomorrow, planning on doing a lot of walking so will wear the Garmin to detail how far and where I go, should be different, will also try to run at least 1 mile after work.

Run/Walk by jasonpite at Garmin Connect - Details

Choon of the day - Steve Aoki - I'm In The House

6 comments:

  1. Is the pain worse when you pull your toes up and then prod the muscle? Ihad similar and it was just muscle getting used to being worked again I think (I am not a Dr btw!!). Hope it feels better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Jason. I seem to remember your blog name from Juneathon?
    Also like your posting of "Choon of the day", even if today's wouldn't be my choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be shin splints often brought on by a sudden increase in running. A bag of froxen peas on the affected area and some self massage will help - if you intend to keep running then an ibuprofen may help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with buryblue about icing and ibuprofen may help, but also doing some extra calf stretches. I thought I had shin splints once but on seeing the physio turned out there is a muscle in front of the shin that gives similar symptoms - might be worth stretching this muscle out as well - http://walking.about.com/od/stretching/a/shinstretch.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you use a foam roller? Best invention since running shoes.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/66FIT-ELITE-FOAM-ROLLER-BLUE/dp/B002JJQSOW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294136824&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone, thank you.

    Katrina - yes it's worse when I pull my toes up and prod the muscle.

    Running Meditations - Yep I was about for Junathon too, didn't complete it though :(

    buryblue - Thank you I have done the old R.I.C.E process and this seems to be working.

    serunner - Thank you for the link this is helping too.

    MamaWorm - They have those rollers at my gym I'll have a go.

    ReplyDelete