Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Saturday 1 January 2011

Hello 2011

Firstly Happy New Year.

For most of this week I think I've had no more than 4 hours restful sleep each night thanks to the lovely disease that is Chicken Pox (not me, my 1 year old son) so going to work and hitting the gym has really taken it out of me.

Today is the start of the first ever Janathon, around 160 people competing to win it by running (exercising) every day and writing their blogs every day, my creative writing skills are very limited so mine will probably get a little dull at times (if they're not already).

So I hit the gym today nice and early and jumped on my trusty treadmill, I'm trying to get a little faster this year, so instead of the usual plod along at 7.5 kmph I went straight in with 10.0 kmph, quite surprisingly I kept up that pace and even managed to finish the last 1 minute run on 11.5, today was day 3 of my generic iphone training plan, so it starts off with a brisk 5 minutes of walking then run for 1 minute walk for 1.5 minutes, you do this 8 times and then walk briskly for a bit at the end as your warm down. I'd love to share heart rates etc but my Garmin is currently frozen and I'm trying frantically to work out how to sort it without resetting!

Run done I strolled into the Spinning studio sat on my fave bike (number 13) nicely to the 2 ladies either side of me had already had a chat and made a pact that they would be picking on me today! Yeah thanks, it's not enough that the instructor is a long time friend who annihilates me every class anyway, now I have 2 complete strangers joining in! Anyway, today's class was speed and hills, surely they're 2 terms that don't go together, suffice to say after track 2 I was flagging, the sleep deprivation clearly catching up on me, feeling very sick is not fun, but I am determined and will not stop, I get through the class and am still alive now, incidentally I think that is probably the hardest I have ever worked in a Spinning class.

Have a great day everyone.

JP

Forgot to add in my Training Choon of the day, today it's Katy B and Ms Dynamite - Lights On

2 comments:

  1. It can be so tough when the kids are sick. Well done you for getting out to the gym anyway.

    ReplyDelete