Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Sunday 2 January 2011

Janathon day 2 - A lovely morning by the river

Day 2 is here.

Up at a reasonable time today and decided to head outside to my favored trail (used it a lot for VLM training in 2010) instead of to the gym. Parked the car up and got out, HR monitor, GPS watch, iPhone, running playlist and Getrunning App all ready, water? Water? Ah crap that'll be in the bottle sitting in my hallway then!

As this was my first outside run of the winter I thought I may take it easy and ease up a bit on trying to run rather than jog, yeah that lasted about 30 secs so I set off for my 5 min warm up briskly walking along the river bank, ooh look there's loads of ice plates floating on top of the river, into the first 1.5 min run and I'm moving quicker than I anticipated, second run and I'm blowing a bit, it went on like that for the 6 runs and recovery periods.

All in all a nice run along the river, will defo do the same next Sunday and hopefully go further than 2.19 miles.

Todays run/wlk

Warm up 5min brisk walk
6 X 1.5 min running with 2 min recovery walks in between.

Details below.

Garmin Data

Todays Choon of the day - Far East Movement - Like a G6

Some pictures from the run



1 comment:

  1. There's something motivating about running alongside rivers - planning on doing this tomorrow actually. Might even copy your choice of music... #Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6!# Don't forget your water next time!

    ReplyDelete