Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Janathon Day 26 - Nearly at the end

Hello again.

I'm back, how long for this time we'll have to wait and see, hit the gym early doors for the first time in a while. At the start of Janathon I was so intent on doing this all the way to the end, however much I love my job I hate the fact that it has stopped me from doing this every day! The only thing I have managed to keep up is the amount of walking I do every day while at work and using the Slendertone System-Abs, so far its working well although I cannot see my abs I can feel what the systm is doing they feel firmer and I get the same burn that I get from doing a full whack ab work out in the gym. Oh well I just have to stick with fitting it in as and when.

So back to today, stepped into the gym and was pleasantly surprised to see a friend there at the same time as me (it wasn't Farley) I didn't even know that Carl knew what 6am looked like, started off on the treadmill for my nice run/walk 5minute brisk walk, 3 minute run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk got to the half way point and pressed the lap button on the Gramin 110 and bang it freezes! Second time this has happened, so yet again I'm on the treadmill trying to reset it! Second half 3 minute run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute brisk walk warm down..
As I didn't have a space booked for Spinning (I was 4th on the waiting list) I jumped on the lovely gym bike and set up to do 10k got started at a decent pace getting the heart rate up to around 150 and tried to keep it there, with 1k left to go Milly comes out and says there's a space on the Spinning class so I leave the gym bike at 9k and 19 minutes.
Spinning - Enhancements, basically you start on flat road with jumps the aim of enhancements is to ramp up the resistance as high as you can and go as fast as you can, the first set were 45 seconds with 1 minute recovery, second and 3rd set were 1 minute with 1 minute recovery, on the 3rd set I even topped out the resistance, first time I've done that so I was very please. All in all a great work out.


  • Run
4k, 32 minutes
Av HR = 142 (77%)
Max HR = 169 (91%)

  • Bike
9k 19 minutes
Av HR = 152 (82%)
Max HR = 162 (88%)

  • Spinning 
Enhancements
Av HR = 161 (87%)
Max HR = 181 (98%)

Choon of the day - Nneka - Heartbeat - Chase and Status remix

1 comment:

  1. the spinning sounds intense! Glad you've enjoyed Janathon.

    ReplyDelete