Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Saturday 15 January 2011

Janathon Day 15 - This has gone wrong :(

Now don't get me wrong I never even in my wildest dreams thought I would win Janathon, I did however expect to go through every day of it.

Thanks to my employers (weirdly I do actually love my job) insisting on offering lots of overtime and extra hours training is now 3rd behind work and family, this week has been particularly bad overtime every day except Wednesday (rare day off for my Birthday), so my total training effort for this week has comprised of 2 trips to the gym, fair enough on those trips I feel I worked pretty damn hard.

I find myself wondering if I could be bothered to wear my Garmin or use RunKeeper on my phone to track just how much walking I do each day, I must have walked around the O2 and surrounding area a good couple of thousand times this week, does this count?

Does doing a bit of The Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii count?

On a positive note I was sent a lovely bit of kit to test this week and write about on this blog Slendertone System-Abs started using it today did 40 mins started on level 50 then half way through turned it up to level 60, was a bit of an odd sensation and even through the fatness of my belly I could see the muscles contracting, I could certainly feel them, will update again on how I'm getting on in a couple of weeks. BTW, does this count for Janathon?

On to today's gym sesh, I decided due to my lack of attendance this week I would do a mini duathlon Run/Bike/Run, started off on the treadmill for run 1 a nice brisk 5 min warm-up walk and then onto the run/walk part, 1.5min run, 1.5 min walk then 3min run, 3min walk followed by 5min cool down brisk walk, total time 25:16 3.18k.
I headed downstairs to the bikes (I actually didn't know there were no bikes upstairs, I do now) I really don't like using gym bikes, they don't feel like real bikes, so much prefer the Spinning bikes, got the bike set up and set out for 10k was hoping to do it in under 20mins went just over with a time of 20:28, second half was quickest though, I hear that's meant to be a good thing?
Run 2 I took a different approach and set a 2k target for this one, no warm-up required as I was nice and warm from the previous 2 activities so straight into the run, kept a steady run 1.5min walk 1,5min. Total time 15:02, all in all I was quite pleased with my efforts.

I already know I wont be running tomorrow other than chasing my 2 kids around the house, I may take a walk somewhere though, I'll keep you posted.

Details for today's activities:
Run 1 

  • Av HR = 139 (75%)
  • Max HR = 179 (97%)
  • Cal = 327


Bike

  • Av HR = 148 (80%)
  • Max HR = 161(87%)
  • Cal = 307


Run 2

  • Av HR = 160 (86%)
  • Max HR = 177 (96%)
  • Cal = 241


Choons of the day -

Linkin Park ft Jay-Z - Izzo/In The End
Chase and Status - Let You Go

Please help me raise as much money as possible for Children With Leukemia I'll run the half marathon all you have to do is donate here many thanks.

2 comments:

  1. ...dude, running around after kids is the pinnacle of exercise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great day. the mini du sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete