Juneathon

Juneathon
I'm taking part

Friday 3 December 2010

Back to the world of training

Well, here we go again.


Fat bloke puts on some shorts and heads to the gym, yesterdays (Thursday) plan was to spend a little time blasting my shoulders (I like my shoulders they look good), I had a quick view of Dean Ash's shoulder blast (lovingly saved on Sky+) to remind me what I should be doing, for a change I hit the gym and did everything on the list, probably not a good idea as I am feeling it today :(. 


But to hell with that I enjoyed it at the time and it reminded me that I have to put in a few more hours each week now to get me up and running for March 6th at Silverstone. 


Thursdays workout:


Superset 1 - 
Seated Rope Pull (10kg)
Upright Row (15kg)
3X12


Dumbell Shoulder Press (14kg)
3X12


Superset 2 -
Seated Forward Facing Shrug (24kg)
Seated Front Raise (6kg)
3X12


Superset 3 -
Lat Raise Front Grip
Lat Raise Reverse Grip
Lat Raise Side Grip
3X10 on each consecutively at 6kg

Onto Friday, I awake at stupid O'clock (5am) 


A little bit of cardio, a nice short run on the treadmill roughly 15mins, nothing too strenuous bearing in mind I was making my long awaited return after 4 months to the Spinning room, oh how I have missed the Spinning room.


Strangely 10 mins into the warm up and I had changed my mind as my heart rate quickly rose to 164bpm, Milly (instructor) then thankfully says that today was meant to be endurance but as not many had made it in through the snow it would now be hills, great I think that's not much better than endurance.


As the class progresses I win 3 races, not bad I think until I have to go up against Adam on a double chorus sprint, somehow (probably because my resistance is lower than his) I keep up with him and Milly calls it a draw, my return to spinning is now over and I feel slightly sick, Milly takes much delight in this.


Keeping an average HR of 151 82% of max and hitting a high of 180 97% of max.


Day off tomorrow, but no doubt I'll have to run at some point at work.


Bye :)



2 comments:

  1. So come on then Jason. So many people, myself included, give themselves negative (or potentially negative) blog titles. Why do we do it? As a get out? Maybe. Another 'currently chubby but wasn't always' runner here. A fraction under 100kg and looking to be more like 90 by the end of Jan. What are your goals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could well be a get out, but at the same time its just being honest, I am a fatty, I'm not great at this running stuff although I am very new to it only really started this time last year, but hey I'll get better and hopefully get slimmer too and maybe I'll even change the name.

    :)

    ReplyDelete